Since the inaugural CIS and Russia Roundtable in 1996, our aim has been to help build the partnerships necessary to modernise the CIS region’s refining and petrochemicals assets by sharing best practices via exclusive roundtables with general and technical directors as well as expert speaker presentations. It is with great pleasure to be able to say that the CIS Downstream Week really is where the region’s downstream shareholders meet to debate the most pressing challenges and solutions.
Following last year’s success, this year the CIS Downstream Week is taking place in Baku, Azerbaijan. With the government and SOCAR planning to modernise the existing refining assets and plans to build a new petrochemical complex over the next few years, it’s an exciting epicenter of activity within the region. If you are doing business or looking to do business with the CIS region, we not only bring all the key stakeholders together in one place at one time, but we do it in a format that encourages networking and the creation of partnerships.
2016 Highlights Include:
- OMV Schwechat Refinery site tour, during which our participants will be shown around one of the largest and most complex inland refineries in Europe, with the highest of safety, environmental and product standards;
- Enhancing downstream efficiency will be at the forefront of the agenda featuring senior speakers from leading operators in the CIS discussing and seeking effective responses to the efficiency challenge in the downstream world;
- The effects of low oil prices creating attractive upside opportunities for downstream companies and influencing the direction of oil refining;
- Benefits of refining- petrochemicals integration for survival and sustained profitability;
- Exclusive informal round tables with technical, commercial and operational management of the region’s refineries and Petrochemical plants, who will discuss their technologies, innovations, practices and challenges;
- Gala Dinner and the Awards of Excellence